This is the weekly WCHA Power Rankings. Zack Friedli was out of town and didn’t get a chance to do his weekly WCHA Power Rankings.
1. Minnesota Duluth – (11-3-2 WCHA, 17-4-3) The Bulldogs swept the University of Alabama Huntsville Chargers (2-1 W, 4-3 W) in Duluth this past weekend. This weekend the Bulldogs entertain the Michigan Tech Huskies. Barring a complete meltdown it looks like the Bulldogs are hitting on all cylinders and are the best team in the WCHA
2. Minnesota – (13-5-0 WCHA, 17-9-1) Minnesota split with Colorado College Tigers (1-2 L, 2-1 W) at Mariucci Arena. This weekend the Gophers have a home and home series with the Saint Cloud State Huskies. Minnesota has lost four of its last six games.
3. Colorado College – (11-7-0 WCHA, 14-9-1) The Tigers split their weekend series with the Minnesota Gophers (2-1 W, 1-2 L). This weekend the Tigers are off.
4. Denver – (8-5-3 WCHA, 13-8-3). The Pioneers were off this past weekend. This weekend the Denver Pioneers make the trek to Alaska Anchorage to play the Seawolves.
5. North Dakota – (9-9-0, 13-10-2) The University of North Dakota split with Saint Cloud at the National Hockey Center (1-3 L, 3-2 W). This weekend UND entertains the Wisconsin Badgers. The University of North Dakota has been hit by the Injury Ninja and the following players are currently out of the lineup for UND. Here is the list, Rocco Grimaldi (knee, season), Derek Forbort (lower body, day to day), Brendan O’Donnell (shoulder) and Derek Rodwell (shoulder, season).
6. Nebraska-Omaha – (9-6-3 WCHA, 12-10-4) The Mavericks split with Minnesota State this past weekend in Mankato (1-2 O.T. L, 5-4 O.T. W). The Mavericks are off this weekend.
7. St. Cloud State – (7-8-3 WCHA, 10-12-4) The Huskies split their weekend series with North Dakota (3-1 W, 2-3 L). The Huskies have a home and home series with the Minnesota Gophers. The Huskies could get Mike Lee and Drew LeBlanc back from injuries soon.
8. Michigan Tech – (8-7-1 WCHA, 11-12-1) The Michigan Tech Huskies lost to Northern Michigan. The Huskies travel to Duluth to play the high flying Bulldogs. Tech is 2-4-0 in its last six games.
8. Wisconsin – (7-9-2 WCHA, 12-10-2) The Wisconsin Badgers have an impressive 11-4-1 record at home and after sweeping Alaska Anchorage at home (4-0 W, 3-2 W), the Badgers have a less than unimpressive 1-6-1 record away from the Kohl Center. This weekend the Badgers travel to Grand Forks to play North Dakota.
10. Bemidji State – (5-9-2 WCHA, 11-11-2) The Beavers are off this weekend. This weekend the Beavers entertain the Minnesota State Mavericks.
11. Minnesota State – (4-13-1 WCHA, 8-17-1) The Minnesota State Mavericks split their series with the Nebraska Omaha Mavericks (0-4 L, 3-0 W). The Mavericks travel to Bemidji State to play the Beavers.
12. Alaska-Anchorage – (3-14-1 WCHA, 6-14-2) The Seawolves were swept by the Wisconsin Badgers in Madison (2-6 L, 4-6 L). This weekend the Seawolves entertain the Denver Pioneers in Anchorage Alaska. Anchorage has lost five games in a row and has not won since December 9, 2011.