The San Francisco Bulls announced their roster for the 2013 Kelly Cup Playoffs on Tuesday, listing 20 players and four more as playoff eligible. To get to the 23 player limit, they released forward Nick Walsh and defenseman William Lacasse before the deadline.
The Bulls’ active playoff roster now includes Dean Ouellet, returned to San Francisco last weekend from the Hamilton Bulldogs, and Kris Belan who returned from Manchester on March 25. Defenseman Simon Danis-Pepin has also been activated from injured reserve.
The roster is as follows, with their 2012-13 regular season stats:
- Dean Ouellet (ECHL: 66 GP, 33 G, 52 Pts / AHL: 5 GP)
- Tommy Grant (ECHL: 5 GP, 1 G, 5 Pts / AHL: 50 GP, 10 G, 21 Pts)
- Kris Belan (ECHL: 59 GP, 8 G, 21 Pts / AHL: 8 GP, 1 Pt)
- Jordan Morrison (ECHL 70 GP, 16 G, 41 Pts)
- Christian Ouellet (ECHL: 66 GP, 17 G, 37 Pts)
- Bryan Cameron (ECHL 64 GP, 20 G, 47 Pts)
- Nick Czinder (ECHL: 6 GP, 2 G, 3 Pts)
- Brett Findlay (ECHL: 6 GP, 3 Pts)
- Kory Falite (ECHL: 71 GP, 13 G, 39 Pts)
- Tristan King (ECHL: 52 GP, 22 G, 45 Pts)
- Daultan Leveille (ECHL: 31 GP, 6 G, 10 Pts / AHL: 19 GP, 2 Pts)
- Scott Langdon (ECHL: 67 GP, 1 G, 12 Pts, +6)
- Dylan King (ECHL: 69 GP, 2 G, 11 Pts, -13)
- Mikael Tam (ECHL: 37 GP, 3 G, 12 Pts, -6 / AHL: 19 GP, 1 Pt, -6)
- Antoine Corbin (ECHL: 6 GP, 1 G, -4 / AHL: 30 GP, 1 G, 3 Pts, -11)
- Rob Kwiet (ECHL: 64 GP, 10 G, 37 Pts, -5)
- Mark Isherwood (ECHL: 50 GP, 6 G, 25 Pts, -31 / AHL: 2 GP)
- Simon Danis-Pepin (ECHL: 65 GP, 4 G, 11 Pts, -13)
- Thomas Heemskerk (ECHL: 38 GP, 3.1 GAA, .906 SV%, 14 W, 11 L/ AHL: 2 GP (in relief), 1.79 GAA, .931 SV%)
- Taylor Nelson (ECHL: 41 GP, 3.53 GAA, .890 SV%, 11 W, 20 L)
The ECHL site explains the playoff roster limits as follows:
Playoff Rosters consist of a maximum of 23 Players – a 20-man active roster and a three-man reserve list. Upon submission of its Playoff Roster, each Member is required to include:
1. a minimum of 19 active, available (i.e. not injured or on recall) Players; and
2. a list of all other Players who meet the Playoff Roster Eligibility requirements, but who are unavailable at the time that Playoff Rosters are due to the League Office due to recall to the AHL or NHL. The Playoff Eligible List may only list Players who are unavailable due to recall. All other players (i.e. injured Players) must be listed on a Member’s initial Playoff Roster (active roster or reserve list) in order to participate in the Playoffs.
The Bulls listed four players as playoff eligible: Peter Sivak (who has been one of Worcester’s more consistent scorers since arriving there), Yanni Gourde, Daniil Tarasov, and Marek Vidensky. Viedensky hasn’t played a game in Worcester since March 13 due to injury.
Whether or not the Worcester Sharks send any of those players down in time for the first round of the Kelly Cup playoffs will depend on how far out of the AHL playoffs the Sharks are. After Tuesday’s loss, the Sharks were in 13th place and seven points behind the eighth place Hershey Bears. They have ten games remaining. They have a game in hand on the teams ahead of them for eighth place. Last week Worcester sent Tommy Grant down. When they sent Grant, Worcester was closer to a playoff spot than they are now.
Another factor to consider is that the San Jose Sharks have signed three more prospects in addition to Daniil Tarasov (signed on March 16 to an entry level deal starting next season): right winger Christopher Crane, left winger Matt Nieto, and center Chris Tierney. Matt Nieto is already playing with Worcester, and Crane is expected to join the team later in the week. Worcester might have some players to spare when they play again at 11 am EDT on Thursday, April 4.
The Bulls return to the Cow Palace on Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April 12. If necessary, the teams play a third game at the Cow Palace on Saturday, April 13. All games in San Francisco are scheduled to start at 7:15 PDT. Tickets are on sale now at the SF Bulls website.