CAR 2:30 Eric Staal (19) ASSISTS: John-Michael Liles (6), Patrick Dwyer (14) CAR 1-0
CAR 4:08 Justin Faulk (5) (PP) ASSISTS: John-Michael Liles (7), Chris Terry (1) CAR 2-0
CAR 7:06 John-Michael Liles (2) (PP) ASSISTS: Chris Terry (2), Justin Faulk (23) CAR 3-0
DAL 9:44 Tyler Seguin (34) ASSISTS: Valeri Nichushkin (19), Trevor Daley (13) CAR 3-1
CAR 7:40 Riley Nash (10) ASSISTS: Brett Bellemore (5) CAR 4-1
• Carolina defeated Dallas for the first time since Dec. 16, 2009. They last time the Hurricanes beat the Stars by three goals or more
was Oct. 7, 2001 (3-0).
• Carolina was 3-for-3 on the penalty kill tonight and is now 94.1 percent (32-of-34) on the PK in their last 13 games.
• The Hurricanes scored two power-play goals tonight and are now 29.0 percent (9-for-31) on the PP in their last 9 games.
• Liles’ three points (1g, 2a) tied his career high. His three-point game was his first since he scored a goal and added two assists with
Colorado on Jan. 18, 2011 vs. VAN. According to Elias Sports Bureau, he is the first Hurricanes defenseman to earn at least three
points in one period since Bret Hedican on Oct. 24, 2007 vs. Buffalo.
• Khudobin stopped 33 of 34 shots he faced to improve to 18-12-1 this season.
• Faulk has scored a goal in consecutive games for the first time in his NHL career. His multi-point game (1g, 1a) was his fourth of the
• Terry earned his first NHL assists and first multi-point game (0g, 2a). He entered the game with one NHL point, a goal in his first
• E. Staal tallied two goals in two games against Dallas this season. He scored Carolina’s lone goal in the first meeting between
• Bellemore has registered three assists in his last six contests after earning two assists in his first 53 games of the season.